Tuesday 9 December 2014

Photos: Meet Nigerian Guitarist Who Was Rejected From School Because He Has No Fingers Or Palms

Simeon Djagbo a graduate of Delta State University was born without fingers or palms but he has not let that stop him in life. Simeon here
explains how his parents have been his pillar, how they stood by him and how he was first rejected from school because of his condition. The school
authorities felt I could not write and might scare other students away from enrolling with the way I
look, he said.

About How He Became A Guitarist

“My church brought a man to teach the guitar to others. I was in the drum section just watching as he was teaching a lady to play a progression on a particular song. I watched the way the lady’s fingers were moving on the strings and I was capturing it in my head. When she dropped it, I
picked the guitar up and played it exactly the way she was taught and everybody was shocked, because I was not taught how to play it. Although, I was always sneaking to play the guitar because some concerned people felt I would injure myself. I kept at it and became better. I feel God divinely directed me to the guitar.”

My Parents Are My Pillar

“My parents never gave up on me and treated me like a king; they supported me financially and prayerfully. I wanted to enroll in a primary school,
but the school administrators rejected me because they felt I could not write. They also felt that my physical defect would scare off children from the school. My parents got information about a school owned by a white woman, St. Lukes Nursery and Primary School in Warri, Delta State. From there I moved to Sure Success College, Warri for my secondary education. I later gained admission into Delta State University, Abraka where I read Library and Information Science."

See photos below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to get your reactions. Kindly drop your comments.

To be DammyInforms Blog Face of the week, send an email to dammyinformsblog@gmail.com

Contact us for advert placements, contact us via dammyinformsblog@gmail.com or 07087068451

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jumia

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *