Thursday 19 February 2015

Why we stop over at beer parlours – Abuja men


Some men in the FCT have said they preferred to stopover at drinking joints before going home to their families and loved ones to ease off tension.

The men, who spoke to newsmen in Abuja said that apart from easing off tension, they also stopover at drinking joints to avoid unnecessary squabbles with their wives. They said that the need to be with friends also contributed to their going to drinking joints, apart from trying to avoid disturbances from their children.

 Mr Samuel Olaedo, a business man at Wuse market said he preferred to stopover at beer parlor to drink and watch football to ease off tension before going home.

 “I recall an incident that happened some time ago, my wife asked me to buy a separate television for her to avoid her disturbance during football match.“I told her I have no money for that now, since she comes back home before me she will start watching her soap operas; she will hide the remote control from me.


“When I return home and try to change the station from the decoder, we will start arguing which will result to insults,’’ he said. Olaedo said that he now preferred going straight to his bed to sleep even when he returned home late just to avoid the wife’s disturbance.

 Mr Ferdinand Lucas, a welder who usually visited Cachez Garden, Wuse told pressmen that he stopped over at the garden to relax with a bottle of beer before going home to avoid arguments with his wife.

“I recall when we newly got married, my wife used to be very humble and caring but now it is the opposite. “My wife complains on every issue and sometimes I don’t even know how to handle or manage her. “In one of the occasions when I got home, she started complaining over the children’s school fees which I already promised to settle at the end of the month,’’ he said.

Lucas said that he wished he was still single to avoid the usual ranting from his wife, even when he came home late. A male boutique operator, who spoke on the condition anonymity, said the desire to take care of his girlfriend keeps him out in a garden every day.

According to him, the wife who is very boring was incapable of making the home interesting for him. “My girlfriend is a very interesting person and she makes me very happy; that is why I spend more time her than with my wife. “My wife doesn’t make the home interesting she is always busy chatting with her friends on phone and leaving me to myself but my girlfriend gives me attention and notices everything that bothers me,’’ he said. He further said that he might decide to be married to the girlfriend if the wife did not change.

 Culled from the Vanguard

ATTENTION

Do you know that you can now be DammyInforms Blog Face of week. All you just need to do is send your details to dammyolisa4real@gmail.com

 For adverts, contact dammyolisa4real@gmail.com, 07087068451

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to get your reactions. Kindly drop your comments.

To be DammyInforms Blog Face of the week, send an email to dammyinformsblog@gmail.com

Contact us for advert placements, contact us via dammyinformsblog@gmail.com or 07087068451

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jumia

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *